Moravská Třebová (Mährisch Trübau) is a town on the border of Bohemia and Moravia. Since its establishment in the second half of the 13th century until 1945, it was the centre of German language area called (in the 19th century) Hřebečsko (Schönhengster Land, Schönhengstgau in German). The town experienced its greatest heyday during the reign of lord of Boskovice and Ladislav Velen of erotín (1485 – 1622). Notable architecture and art has been preserved from this period owing to which was the historical centre together with the castle and nearby Cross hill declared as the town conservation area. Moravská Třebová was county town from 1850 to 1960. Until recently it was an important centre of textile production, whose beginnings lay in processing of linen and wool. Sericulture became dominant in the second half of the 19th century. Present Moravská Třebová is a town, which values and uses its exceptional cultural richness and at the same time pursues economical development, increase of employment, multilateral improvement of lifestyle and bountiful experiences for tourists.