Museum in Moravská Třebová was established by local educational society already in 1870s. At the beginning of the 20th century a great change in its focus and importance has taken place by merit of a native of Moravská Třebová and a New York businessman L. V. Holzmaister. From 1902 to 1904 Holzmaister made a journey around the world during which he accumulated number of artefacts from outside of Europe and enriched collections of our museum. He built the museum building between 1904 and 1906 and in 1908 he established the museum foundation. Holzmaister supported the museum greatly until the WW1 and then in limited form until his death in 1923. After Holzmaister’s death the museum has never reached such a bloom as during his support. It struggled greatly mainly after 1945 but it exists till present days and since 1996 within the bounds of Cultural services of Moravská Třebová. Museum collection, registered in Central evidence of collections, is formed by works of art, books, documents and prints, photographs, negatives and slides, historical, archaeological, numismatic, military, geological, zoological material and Holzmaister’s collections.